- March 5th , 2017 – Deadline for Oral Abstracts
- March 12th , 2017 – Deadline for Poster Presentation Abstracts
- March 17th, 2017 – Notification of Acceptance for Oral and Poster Presentations
- March 24th, 2017 – Early Registration Discount Deadline
- Scientific papers on all topics related to the conference themes are welcome for consideration as oral or poster presentations;
- Abstracts must contain sufficient information to allow for assessment by the scientific committee;
- The registration of at least one author during early bird registration is required for paper acceptance and publication in the Conference Proceedings;
- All communications regarding the abstract submission will be sent to the corresponding author, through the registered e-mail, and it will be his/her responsibility to forward the information to the co-authors.
Abstracts should be assigned to one of the following categories by authors:
- Microbiological health
- Disinfection by-products
- Monitoring and surveillance
- Chemical health
- Pool Water disinfection
- Guidelines and regulations
- Hygienic aspects
- Topics of specific interest to this conference (thermal waters, hydrotherapy pools)
Layout and Style
Abstracts must be written according to the following guidelines:
- Abstracts must be written in English;
- Abstracts must include the following sections (headings in bold): Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusions;
- Abstracts MUST NOT exceed 1000 words (excluding title, authors’ names and affiliations), and contain no more than 1 figure and 1 table;
- The title should be written in capital letters; followed by Author(s) name(s) and affiliation. The name of the presenting author must be underlined.
- Line spacing: Single-space;
- Font: Times New Roman, size 11;
- Alignment: Justified;
- Abstracts should ONLY be submitted as a Microsoft Word file
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically via the e mail
Guidelines for Oral Presentation
Consult the Symposium Programme to check the allocated time for your lecture: 20 min total (15 min presentation + 5 min discussion)
Presentation files must be compatible with Microsoft Office PowerPoint, versions 2007 or 2010. Please bring your file on a memory stick with the presenters name in the file name. The use of personal computers will not be allowed. Ensure that:
- There are no other .ppt files on your memory stick (so your presentation is unambiguous)
- Any video or audio files are separate files
- Your memory stick is virus free
To ensure the smooth running of the Programme all presentations must be loaded at least one Session before or 3 hours before presentation start. We recommend that speakers scheduled for the first Session morning load your presentation the day before).
Poster presentation information
Posters under the sessions 1 through 6 will be presenting on Thursday , 4th May.
Guidelines for Posters
- Size: 1,20cm (height) X 0,90 cm (wide)
- Choose fonts and sizes easy to read from a distance of about 0,5m. We suggest for the text Arial and/or Times New Roman, minimum size of “20” and maximum size of “28” and, for the title sizes from “32” to “48” (maximum);
- Title, authors’ names and affiliations must be inserted at the top of the poster, across its full length and be centered;
- It is recommended to use the same structure of the abstract in the Poster: Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusion;
- We suggest also the use of a very light background and very dark fonts or vice-versa in order to ensure good readability of the text.
Water Science & Technology
Water Science & Technology: Water Supply
Water Practice & Technology
- Selected papers from the conference will be submitted by the Organizing Committee to WST for publication. Criteria for selection will include the special interest or ground-breaking nature of the content, acceptable format, and good quality of English.
- Authors should submit full papers to the Conference secretariat until:
May 20, 2017
- Instructions for authors: http://wst.iwaponline.com/content/instructions-authors-wst
- IWA Publishing will upload them into the WST Editorial Manager system and arrange for online peer review by at least two experts.
- The designated WST Editor will use those reviews to make the final decision on which papers should be accepted for publication.
- Notification: Please, when submitting your abstract, notify us if you want your paper to be considered for publication (as above)